Just a month ago, Jake and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary! YAY! I have learned to much in this past year, it is actually kind of sad. I never would guessed that I knew so little about myself, my husband and marriage in general. This journey has been incredibly difficult, but incredibly beautiful all in the same breath.
Daily, I challenge myself to see the little lessons I can learn from my own marriage, other’s marriages and from the Lord. One of the greatest desires of my heart – for as long as I can remember – is to be a Godly, god-fearing and loving wife to a man that my future children would call Daddy. My heart consistently yearns to grow closer to the Lord and to love the Lord so that I am able to love my husband as I was created to and will forever desire to do.
My heart is to challenge men and women, who recently got married, who are about to embark on this beautiful journey or those who just want to learn for future reference, to keep pushing through. The burning flame inside of you quickly begins to dim and sometimes you can’t feel it at all. Why? Because love is a choice – an action. I choose to love Jake every morning when I wake up or even when I trip over the laundry he left in the floor. Actually, that
never (just) happened! Reminding myself of some of the lessons I have learned over the past year, has given me the ability to choose love daily.
I have listed a few of the many lessons I have learned in the past year. Most lessons were from trial and error, but some were subtle whispers from my Abba Father. Over the next couple weeks, I will post an explanation, logic behind my madness and some fun stories to share with you.
1. I have to love myself before I can truly allow my husband to love me.
2. What’s mine is his and what’s his is mine.
3. Living with a boy is gross
4. Even though I know my husband always thinks I am beautiful, I should never let myself slack
5. Our relationships with the Lord always look different and that is just fine
6. Fighting only the battles that are worth fighting
7. Speaking life into my husband, daily
8. Creating closeness with my husband is not always about deep, heart-filled or emotional conversations
9. ALWAYS HAVE AS MUCH FUN AS POSSIBLE
If there are any questions or anything you would like further explanation of, please don’t hesitate to comment below! Also, if there are some more lessons I could learn, let me know! I am constantly working to be the best wife I possibly can!
As always, thank you so much for stopping by, let me know you did and say hello!